$15 to $18 Hourly
Performs diverse accounting and bookkeeping functions including but not limited to accounts payables, accounts receivables and payroll. Performs data entry tasks, oversees Bella Viva Distribution inventory accuracy and completes projects as directed.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Promote and foster a positive, efficient work environment while focusing on safety, high productivity and eliminating waste.
- Work with a high degree of cooperation with all other departments.
- Pay, mail and file all accounts and growers payable.
- Mail/e-mail customer’s copy of invoices and files invoices and supporting documents.
- Responsible for inventory audits and adjustments for Bella Viva Distribution.
- Contact past-due accounts’ collaborating closely with sales staff and conforms to Bella Viva receivable SOP.
- Responsible for issuing credit memos, collaborating closely with sales and food safety staff to conform to Bella Viva requirements.
- Responsible for completion of State Board of Equalization Returns.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and customer information.
- Set up new employees in time clock system.
- Process and complete payroll including Federal payroll taxes, State payroll taxes, employee garnishments, and 401k deposits.
- Prepare quarter-end and year-end State and Federal payroll tax forms for all companies including but not limited to:
- State Form DE 34
- State DE9, DE9C
- Federal Form 940 and accompanying schedule A
- Federal Form 941
- Year end preparation reports for all companies including but not limited to:
- 1098 interest
- Interact with clients, vendors and visitors.
- Responsible for quarterly federal and state tax payments.
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
- Maintain Accounting Assistant Desk Top Manual and update as needed.
- Complete projects as directed.
- Follow company’s processes, policies, and procedures.
- Manage new set of internet/store books (Quickbooks)
- 5 years administrative assistant, bookkeeper and human resources experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks programs.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of accounting techniques and procedures.
- Constant sitting, standing and walking.
- Occasional stooping/kneeling.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying 40 lbs.
- Timeliness of report completion.
- Accuracy of inventory.
- Accuracy of accounts payable.
- Collection of accounts receivable.
- Accuracy of reports.
- Accuracy of payroll.
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
About Bella Viva Orchards Inc.:
Producer of dried fruit in central valley of California. Primarily an agricultural environment with a professional, fast-paced atmosphere internally. Supplies dried fruit nationally to club stores, specialty snacks, ingredients, private label companies, etc.
Posted date: January 1, 2019